Ingredients for One Pot Chicken Rice:
– Boneless Chicken pieces- 500 gms
– Basmati Rice- 2 US cups measure (375-400 gms)
– Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Whisked Curd/ Yogurt- 4 tbsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Star Anise- 2
– Whole Black Peppercorns- 10-12
– Bay Leaves- 2
– Coriander Powder- 2.5 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
– Onions sliced- 2 (150 gms)
– Green Chillies slit- 2-3
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2.5 tsp
– Coriander leaves, chopped- 4 tbsp +1 tbsp for garnish
– Mint leaves, chopped- 2-3 tbsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Refined Oil- 3- 4 tbsp
– Thick Coconut milk- 100 ml
– Water- 500 ml
– Marinate the chicken pieces with items mentioned and set aside for 30 mins.
– Also wash and soak the Basmati Rice for 30 mins.
– Slice the onions, slit the green chillies and chop the coriander & mint leaves.
– Prepare the coconut milk or use readymade.
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side. Sear the pieces on high to medium heat for 3 mins till browned. Flip on the other side and repeat the same for 3 mins on the other side. Remove and set aside on a plate.
– Add another tablespoon oil to the same pan and heat it.
– Add the whole spices, give a stir and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till light brown in color.
– Add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Add the fried chicken pieces back to the pan and stir fry for a minute.
– Now add the coriander powder and Garam masala powder. Mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins till the chicken pieces are coated with the masala.
– Now add 100 ml coconut milk & 500 ml water and give a mix.
– Keep the heat on high and add slit green chillies, chopped coriander & mint leaves and 1 tsp salt.
– Give a stir and wait for the water to come to a boil.
– Add the drained rice to the boiling water and give a gentle stir. Cook the rice on medium heat for 5 mins.
– Again give a gentle stir, reduce the heat to low and cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins.
– Remove the lid, give a gentle stir and cover and cook on low heat for another 5 mins.
– Once done, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and let it rest for 15-20 mins before serving.
#onepotchickenrice #chickenricerecipe #onepanchickenrice #chickenrice #chickenricecasserole #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken