Railway mutton curry is a variation of the dish that originated during the British Raj colonial-era. The story goes that this mutton curry recipe is served in all First Class compartments on Indian trains. So watch and learn
500gm Mutton meat (Cut into medium pieces and boiled)
2 large onions sliced.
2-3 Potatoes (Peeled and cut into medium pieces)
1 tbsp Garlic paste
1 tbsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp Coriander seeds powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 cup Fresh Curd
3 tbsp thick coconut milk
5 tbsp Mustard Oil
5 Whole Red Chillies
1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
1 cup tomato chopped.
Salt as required.
2 nos green cardamom
2 nos. Black cardamon
1 no. Bay leaf
1 inch stick cinnamon
8 nos black pepper corns
4 nos cloves
Handful Coriander Leaves
– In a pan add some mustard oil and heat it and turn off the flame.
– When the oil cools down, turn on the flame and add bay leaf,green cardamoms,black cardamons, cinnamon,black pepper corns and cloves.
– Once they start crackling add cumin seeds and onions and saute them lightly.
– Add ginger garlic paste and stir for 3-4 minutes.
– Add turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder and dry red chillies.
– Add peeled potatoes, fennel seeds, water & salt and cover the lid and let it cook for few minutes.
– Add tomatoes, coriander leaves and stir fry for a minute.
– Add mutton and the stock and mix properly.
– Cover and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
– Add coconut milk and whisked curd.
– Railway mutton curry is ready.
#RailwayMuttonCurry #MuttonCurry #GetCurried
Host: Sneha Nair
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried