Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Lemon-and-Coriander-Soup-(-Vitamin-C-Rich)-4622r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Lemon and Coriander Soup (Vitamin C Rich)
The best way to live a fit and happy life despite this daily inconvenience, is to boost your natural immunity, and including vitamin C rich foods in your diet is one way of achieving this. That’s all the more reason to enjoy this delicious Lemon and Coriander Soup made with vitamin C rich ingredients like lemon, coriander, carrots and cabbage. The vegetable stock used in this recipe also helps boost vitamin C levels of each bowlful. Vitamin C is also helpful in relieving cold and cough, so enjoy this comforting soup piping hot on days you feel down, or any cool winter’s day for that matter.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 7 minutes. Serves 4.
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp oil
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup finely chopped onions
¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
¼ cup finely chopped carrots
3 cups basic vegetable stock
Salt to taste
2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the basic vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the coriander and mix well.