Ingredients for White Chicken Curry:
– Chicken, large pieces with bones- 1 Kg
– Salt- 2 tsp
– White Pepper Powder- 2 tsp
– Green Cardamom- 8
– Black Cardamom- 2
– Cloves- 8
– Cinnamon- 3 small pieces
– Black Peppercorns- 20
– Mace (Javitri)- 1 flower
– Cashews- 12
– Almonds, soaked and peeled- 12
– Onions, grated- 2 medium (150 gms)
– Ginger garlic paste- 3 tsp
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 5 tbsp
– Green Chillies, slit- 6-7
– Fresh Cream- 4 tbsp
– Refined Oil- 6 tbsp
– Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek leaves)- 1 tbsp
– Butter- 1 tbsp
– Soak the almonds in warm water for 30-60 mins. Remove and peel the skin.
– Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and white pepper powder. Mix and set aside for 30 mins.
– Grate the onions and slit the green chillies.
– To make the almond-cashew paste, add both in a grinder and coarse grind to a powder.
– Now add 4-5 tbsp water and blend it into a smooth paste.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices.
– Once it splutters, give a stir and add the grated onion. Give a mix and fry on medium heat for 3 mins making sure the color doesn’t change.
– Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
– Add the marinated chicken and mix & sear on high heat for 4 mins. Continue to cook on medium heat for 3 mins till the chicken pieces are light brown.
– Lower the heat and add the whisked curd/yogurt and slit green chillies & cook on low heat for 2-3 mins (stirring continuously) till oil separates.
– Now cover and cook on low heat for 15 mins till the chicken is nearly tender.
– Remove the lid, add the cashew-almond paste and fresh cream and give a mix.
– Also add 150 ml water and a pinch of salt, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins till the chicken is tender and oil separates.
– Add the roasted fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi). Also add a tbsp of butter. Cook for 2 mins and rest it for around 20 mins before serving.
#whitechickencurry #whitechickengravy #mildchickenrecipe #chickencurry #chickengravy #chickenrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatschicken #spiceeatsrecipes