COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
1/2 pound beef fillet
6 medium tomatoes, chopped.
2 medium onion,1sliced,1roughly chopped
6 scotch bonnet pepper(optional)
4 tbsp tomato paste
6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp oregano
1 cube beef seasoning
1 tsp curry powder
2 bay leaves
1/2cup Vegetable oil
• Pour beef into a saucepan over medium heat, add onion, ginger, garlic, oregano, beef seasoning, salt, water, stir and let simmer until soft and tender.
• Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add cooked beef and fry until golden.
• Blend tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, onion and garlic into a smooth mixture and set aside.
• Pour sliced onion into the oil, stir and let sweat for 2 minutes then add tomato paste, stir and let simmer.
• Add blended mixture, stir and let simmer down for 7 minutes then add beef stock, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
• Add curry, salt, stir then add bay leaves and let simmer for 2 minutes.
• Adjust salt and seasoning to your taste.
• Beef stew ready to serve.